Speaking and Workshop Points
Topic 1: Layers of Identity: Personal Narrative & Expression
Amanda shares her journey finding her voice and navigating self and social stigma after psychiatric hospitalization. She shares real-life interviews from her documentary films, and theoretical models and tools for the audience to apply in their own lives.
- How do we navigate identity and sense of self after trauma and adversity?
- How do we deal with self and social stigma in our daily lives?
- How do we translate adversity into opportunity?
- How do our mental health narratives change across contexts and age?
- What creative outlets help maintain our wellness, or cope during adversity?
Topic 2: Technology and Storytelling for Mental Health
In this Digital Age, the Internet could be considered a "modern first responder". Amanda shares research and innovations around creative narrative storytelling and mental health digital advertising to help people find support and community. She shares her documentary films, educational comic books, and media campaign lessons.
- How do we use stories to build trust, and promote prosocial and help-seeking behaviors?
- How do we use digital advertising methods to help people find supportive resources and support online?
- How do we leverage stories to drive fundraising and build partnerships?
- How do we apply sociological and entertainment-education theories in crafting thoughtful creative productions and media/health campaigns?